- January, February, March 2018
- Sabbath School Classes
- Sligo SDA Church
- 10-11 a.m.
- What are we talking about?
- We are talking about Biblical community—learning to deepen our relationship with God and one another. Jesus Christ died to secure our salvation, but through His blood He also forged a new family. What does it mean to be part of God’s family? How do we live this out?
- Who are we talking about?
- Everyone who is exhausted and frustrated by loneliness, fragility, and pretense, and longs to experience life the way God designed it and intended it—in authentic and transformative relationship with Himself and each other. We are also talking about those who want to move from a cultural Christianity to one that is vibrant, deep, and life changing.
- Why are we talking about it?
- The pressures of this world are making it more and more difficult for us to live more fully. The conveniences of modern life such as online shopping, streaming, telecommuting, video chats, and texting make life easier, they even help insulate us from pain and hurt that is a natural part of human relationships. However, they also make us more isolated and lonely, as well as keep us from learning how to live with and love each other through the difficulties. Survival seems to require less and less interaction with others, but we believe God wants more for us than to simply survive. He wants us to live and to live abundantly (John 10:10). The only way to experience this abundant and full life is through authentic relationships with God and with each other.
- Or download the curriculum by chapter.
Join our discussion group on Facebook. CLICK HERE
- Additional Resources:
- Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Total Church by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis
- Sticky Church by Larry Osborne